- On waking up each morning, stand erect.
- Gently exhale through the mouth three times to rid your body of toxins accumulated during your sleep.
- Close your mouth, and begin hitting your teeth for 30 seconds as if you were chewing food in your mouth.
- Then, slowly massage your teeth with your tongue for 30 seconds.
- By then, your mouth should have generated some saliva. Do not swallow it immediately. Close your eyes, and visualize that your are swallowing the saliva and it is slowly dripping down to the dan tian, which is the "energy center" of your body. Dan tian is located in the lower abdomen between the navel and the pubic bone. Physically, it corresponds to the functions of digestion, elimination, and reproduction. Psychologically, it functions by promoting a sense of physical balance and stability. Dan tian is also a source of power for physical energy, sexual vitality, and inner power as emphasized by the Chinese Qi Gong exercise.
- After the mental visualization, then slowly swallow the saliva.
- Repeat this on waking up and before going to bed.
Also, to find out how to increase mental agility through saliva, go to How Saliva May Increase Mind Power.