Increase Mind Power
HOW TO INCREASE MIND POWER by Stephen Lau
The Importance of Mind Power
The mind is powerful in that it is the origin of your thoughts, which determine not only who you are but also how you experience your life. Life is a journey of experiences, throughout which the mind plays a pivotal role. Whether you are going to be healthy, successful, or happy in your life depends on your mind power. Basically, mind power is the essence of your being. Mind power holds the key to the art of living well because every thought affects directly or indirectly your choices and decisions in your life, and hence your total being. It is important to increase mind power, especially as you grow old. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: "People do not grow old. When they cease to grow, they become old." So, do not cease to grow—which is essentially harnessing and utilizing your mind power. Grow old with a positive attitude to increase mind power!
What is mind power?
Your brain is the hardware of your whole being. It shapes your personality, feelings, and behavior patterns because it is the seat of your perceptions and experiences. If you wish to become what you want to be, you must increase mind power, improve memory, and optimize brain fitness—the resources for mind power in the art of living well.
Mind power is the capability of an individual to create his or her "reality." Perception is the reality, and perception is no more than an attitude to create that reality. If you can change your perception, you can change your attitude, and thereby creating the reality for you. You are what you think, and you become what you think you are. Yes, it is all in the mind, and it is always mind over matter.
Words fuel your attitude. Say positive words to yourself, and reinforce your positive affirmations with visualization of positive images. What you say to yourself often becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. For example, if you say to yourself, "I can never do this"; most probably you could not, and would not. You become what you think you are capable of.
We all make mistakes in our lives. But it is your attitude that determines whether or not they will turn into opportunities for you to grow and learn from those mistakes, or they will become stumbling blocks that will haunt you for the rest of your life.
Mind power is the mental capability that can be acquired through self-awareness, and developed through practice and perseverance.
Attitudes of the Mind
If you can say it, believe it, and visualize it, you will receive it. Napoleon Hill once said, "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve." Mind power is just that simple! It is all in your mental attitudes. Develop positive attitudes to increase mind power. Here are some of the strategies:
(1) Develop an attitude of change. Do not resist change because everything is changing in an ever-changing world. You cannot stay exactly as you are right now. Nothing is set in stone; life offers only few absolutes. Change is positive. Think of change as a challenge, not as a stressor; in that way, you will welcome it instead of avoiding it with fear and anxiety.
(2) Develop an attitude of copying the habits and behaviors of role models. Choose the ones you admire, and not the ones you do not. Following their examples is self-empowerment.
(3) Develop an attitude of seeing your future self in your mind’s eye. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. Visualization makes it only more “real” to you, and thereby reinforcing your determination to achieve what you set out to accomplish.
(4) Develop an attitude of being in control. A positive attitude stems from an internal locus of control, which is the power of you being in control of your own destiny, instead of blaming others or the circumstances. Always choose to act instead of reacting, and always be the master, instead of the victim.
(5) Develop an attitude of doing the best you can do, and leaving the rest to God. Do your best, and let God do the rest. A positive attitude focuses on the process and not the outcome of any endeavor you undertake.
(6) Develop an attitude of passion—passion for life, and enthusiasm for whatever you do, however insignificant it may seem. Martin Luther King Jr. once said: “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.’” Empower your mind with passion.
(7) Develop an attitude of choice. Life is full of choices in matters of work, relationships, or how you feel about yourself. Remember, you cannot control what people do to you or the circumstances you may find yourself in, but you can choose to react differently. You can always choose to have a different perception of what you experience in life, because it is all in your mind's eye.
(8) Develop an attitude of mindfulness. Always be mindful of your thoughts and your thinking. Remember, you become what you think. Happiness is a quality of thought determined by your state of mind, which is totally within your control.
(9) Develop an attitude of loving kindness. Try to see the goodness in others; give them the benefit of the doubt. According to the Law of Attraction, a positive attitude attracts positive people around you: a positive attitude is contagious.
(10) Develop an attitude of becoming fully your true self. You are a unique individual, and as such, you need not follow the path of others; you need not conform to or fit in. Just be who you really are; do not wear a mask. You are simply unique!
A positive attitude adds an element of confidence and positive thinking to draw out the positive energy that is innate in you. A positive attitude brings out your confidence to do what you believe in, and gives a purpose to any endeavor you undertake. Reinforce your positive attitudes with determination and perseverance, which are qualities essential to overcoming your difficulties and hurdles in the pursuit of your goals in life.
Subliminal MP3s: Do you want to change your negative self beliefs, eliminate self limiting thoughts, and free yourself from long held patterns of thinking that are holding you back in life? Get your powerful MP3s today—over 200+ MP3s to choose from. You owe this to yourself!
The Unexplainable Store has 256 products to help you in every aspect of mind power for the art of living well, including subliminal affirmation software, meditation tool, visualization package, and sleep aid, among others. It has everything you need to know about enhancing mind power.
The Power of Positive Habits: Learn how to re-program your mind and body with habits to help you reach your goals automatically.
It is important to comprehend the full potential of mind power: especially when life does not turn out the way you want it to be, you may have the tendency to attribute it to lack of opportunities or unfavorable circumstances. However, you have the freedom within yourself to make any change you choose to make. Consequently, it is of paramount importance to perceive the power of intentions. In life, as in everything else, intentions propel the thinking mind to generate powerful thoughts, which can transform lives.
The Mind-Body Connection
Mind power can produce positive thoughts, which affect not just your body and your emotions, but also your genes, and hence your health. According to scientific studies, how your mind processes your daily experiences can turn on or turn off a particular gene responsible for a particular ailment or disease. In other words, there is a close mind-body connection with respect to health and wellness.
Science has proved the power of affirmation through words, and visualization through mental pictures. To fully harness your mind power, in addition to using words and images, it is also important to keep your brain fit.
Ultimate Brain Power unlocks the built-in photographic memory of the mind, enabling you to increase average reading speed by 100 times (i.e. 25,000 words per minute!). Enhance your mind power with this incredible product to improve mental fitness.
Fitness of the Mind
The subconscious mind can increase mind power and improve memory, provided the brain is healthy.
How to keep the brain healthy? And how to maintain brain fitness as you age?
Your brain health is related to your heart health: that is, what is good for the heart is also good for the brain. Your brain is healthy when it receives its nutrients and oxygen. Optimal breathing supplies adequate oxygen to your brain cells. Good posture leads to healthy breathing, and consequently, a healthy heart and a healthy brain.
The Acid-Alkaline Diet is a heart-healthy diet, which is also good for the brain. This diet balances the acidity and alkalinity, known as the pH level, in the body, and therefore instrumental in optimizing cell growth and cell regeneration for a healthy brain.
Copyright© by Stephen Lau