Monday, May 29, 2017
Tips on Living to 100 Years and Beyond
Natural wellness is anti-aging. But to live to 100 and beyond requires much more.
“Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara, from Japan, turned 104 recently, and he is one of the world's longest-serving physicians and educators. Since 1941, he has been healing patients at St. Luke's International Hospital in Tokyo and teaching at St. Luke's College of Nursing. He has published around 15 books since his 75th birthday, including his bestseller "Living Long, Living Good."
As the founder of the New Elderly Movement, Hinohara encourages others to live a long and happy life with the following wisdom he would like to share with all:
(1) Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara stresses the importance of not becoming overweight.
(2) For breakfast, Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara drinks coffee, milk, and orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil, which is for healthy arteries and healthy skin. For lunch, he drinks milk with a few cookies. For dinner, he eats vegetables, a bit of fish and rice, and, sometimes some lean meat.
(3) He always keeps him busy with a full schedule ahead. He recommends that any retirement should be a lot later than 65. He shares what he knows-one of the reasons why he is still working and teaching. When he teaches, he always stand to stay strong.
(4) He recommends having a second thought or always seeking a second opinion whenever a doctor recommends a test, a procedure, or a surgery.
(5) He believes doctors cannot cure everyone. Instead, he thinks that music and animal therapy.
(6) He recommends taking the stairs and carrying your own stuff to stay healthier and younger.
(7) He uses doing fun things to forget his pain, both physical and emotional.
(8) He recommends letting go of all material things because nobody knows when his or her number is up, and nothing can be taken to the next place.
(9) He believes that each person is unique, and illness is therefore individualized. But medical science lumps all and sundry together; an individual should understand why he or she is sick, and not the doctor. Science alone cannot cure or help you; you must learn to help yourself.
(10) He believes that life is always filled with unpredictable incidents.
(11) He stresses the importance of finding a role model to help with setting life goals and life purposes.
(12) He believes that energy comes from doing good and feeling good, and not from good food or good sleep.
To Dr. Shigeaki Hinohara, it is always wonderful to live long, and he loves every minute of it.
TIPS: The key question: WHY do you wish to live long or longer? If you know the WHY, it won't be too difficult to find out the HOW. Everything begins with the intent of the mind.”
The above is from Health and Wisdom Tips.